Carpet Cleaning Maintenance
When most people hear the name “SERVPRO”, they think of our fire and water cleaning and restoration services. But did you know that we have been cleaning carpets and upholstery in the Casper area for over 30 years? These services are just as important to the upkeep of a home, and don’t require an emergency to give us a call!
There are many benefits to maintaining carpets:
- Increases the life span of your carpet.
- It is typically necessary to keep your carpet warranty valid.
- Enhances the appearance of any room.
- Removes dust mites that may have found a home.
- Removes spots and stains.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
Properly cleaning your carpets regularly is good for your health:
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants. By cleaning the carpet, you are removing the pollutants, protecting the carpet and the indoor air quality.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Soiling of carpets can build up several unhealthy contaminants.
- Improves worker morale in commercial settings. Workers feel better about their work environment when their area is clean.
At SERVPRO of Casper, we can handle light to heavy soiled conditions on your carpet. It is recommended that residential cleaning gets done at least once every 12 months, or possibly more depending on the traffic. Commercial buildings should have their carpets cleaned every six to twelve months, also depending on the traffic. Carpets should be cleaned before they become too heavily soiled. If you wait too long, the carpets may not restore to an acceptable condition. After your carpet cleaning is done, we recommend soil protectant be applied. Soil protectant keeps soils from tightly binding to carpet fibers, so the next cleaning is more effective. It also makes the carpet more resistant to staining, so spills can be easily cleaned up. Our spotting kits also help with these spills. They contain four different products that can handle unexpected spots and spills between your regular carpet cleanings.
With our decades of experience in carpet cleaning, we can help keep your home or business looking its very best. We have all the up-to-date equipment and cleaning products to take care of your carpet cleaning needs. Whether you need just a few rooms cleaned, or an entire house or office, the professionials at SERVPRO of Casper have you covered. Call us for a free estimate at 307-235-6558.
Fire Safety for Kids
You can never be to careful when it comes to fire safety.
When it comes to potential emergencies, the first thought many people have is “It will never happen to me”. But the reality is that we never really know if an incident will happen to us, or how severe it will be. Whether it’s a medical emergency, a water damage, or even a fire, you should always be prepared for anything, and practice active prevention. You don’t want to wait until after something happens, wishing that you could have done things differently. Every year, fires are caused by children playing with matches or lighters. Some of these fires happen in grassy fields, while others happen inside homes. All of these fires are preventable. We will share some information on escape plans, and some fire safety tips.
When creating an escape plan in your home, you should go over it with your children so they know how to get out the house. Kids typically don’t think about how they would escape from their home in a fire, so this is an important discussion to have with them.
- Have a plan in place for children that cannot get out on their own, such as infants and toddlers. Talk about which family member is going to wake up the children and help them get out.
- Always identify two different ways out of every room. You should know multiple ways to exit in every room in case one exit is blocked, or it is too dangerous to use.
- Choose a destination outside the house to meet, a safe distance away. This could be across the street, or at a neighbors’ home.
In addition to fire prevention with children, there is the concern of burn prevention. In many instances of fires started by children, serious burn injuries can occur. Here are some tips to help keep your kids safe from fire and burns.
- Children should be at least 3 feet away from anything hot. Stoves, space heaters, and curling irons are all good examples where additional caution is necessary.
- Keep any kind of smoking materials away and placed up high, such as lighters and matches.
- Never play with matches or lighters when your children are around. If they see adults doing this, they will think that it is okay, and possibly even fun.
Accidents can happen at any time. But with some mindful planning, many of these can be completely avoided. If something should still happen, just know that SERVPRO of Casper is here to help anytime. Call us, day or night, at 307-235-6558.
Drapes and Blind Cleaning
Cleaning Drapes and Blinds are important too.
Drapery and Blind Cleaning
Most people are familiar with our fire and water cleanup services. Some are also aware that we provide additional services such as mold cleanup, upholstery cleaning, and carpet cleaning. But did you know that we clean window blinds and drapery? Sometimes, when Spring cleaning is being done, the window coverings in a home get overlooked. It’s actually pretty important to make sure those items do get cleaned every 2 years. Customers will ask “When should my drapes be cleaned?”
- It is best if drapes are cleaned every 2 years.
- Depending on the heating system, smokers in the home, and other factors, drapes may not show soil for two to six years. They should be cleaned before they are visibly soiled.
- Oily atmospheric soil will gradually cause the fabric to deteriorate.
- You could triple the life of your life draperies through professional cleaning, which is inexpensive compared to replacement costs.
When you are searching for a company, be very selective on your choice of professional dry cleaners. Make sure your drapes are dry cleaned ONLY! Some drycleaners have machines that are designed for clothes, while others have equipment are designed for drapes only. The best thing about hiring a company like SERVRPRO of Casper is that we can dry clean your drapes on-site while they are hanging up. You don’t have to take your drapes down to send them to the cleaners. And your home won’t feel like a “fishbowl” without any coverings on the windows!
In order to clean blinds, we take them down, bring them back to our shop and process them through our ultrasonic machine. Ultrasonic cleaning is a process that uses a tank of water, high-frequency sound waves, and specialized detergents. The sound waves agitate every hard-to-reach surface on the blinds to loosen soils, and the detergent suspends the soils off of the blinds. Cleaning can take anywhere from three to six minutes, depending on the level of soiling. Once the blinds are cleaned, we return them to the house and hang them back up.
Drapes and blinds collect a lot of nasty stuff over time. It is better to get them regularly serviced than let them collect too much soil. If they become excessively dirty, it becomes harder for the technicians to clean and it may not be possible to fully restore them.
We always offer free estimates. Call your local franchise, SERVPRO of Casper, today! 307-235-6558
Hot Weather Safety Tips
You never want to assume when it comes to pet safety.
Pet Hot Weather Safety Tips
Pet owners are spending more time outside with their pets in the summer. But the hot weather can be very dangerous for your furry friend. To prevent your pet from overheating, here are some simple precautions.
- Pets can get dehydrated quickly; make sure they have plenty of fresh, clean water whether it’s hot or humid outside. Make sure there are shady areas for your pets so they can get out of the sun. Don’t over-exercise them, and keep them inside when it’s extremely hot.
- Make sure you know the symptoms of overheating in your pet:
Increased heart and respiratory rate
Stupor or collapse
Elevated body temperature of over 104 degrees
Animals with flat faces, like Pugs and Persian cats, are at a higher risk of having a heat stroke. It’s because they can’t pant as effectively. Pets that have flat faces, elderly, overweight, or has heart or lung disease, should be kept in areas that are air-conditioned as much as possible.
NEVER leave your pets alone in a parked vehicle during the summer.
When temperatures are high don’t let your dog linger on hot asphalt. The heat from the asphalt can increase the body temperature; it could also burn the pads on the paws. It’s best to keep walks at a minimum during these times.
Fire and Grilling Safety
Grilling can be a lot of fun if done safely.
Fire and Grilling Safety Tips
Summer is here! We get the opportunity to do a lot of fun outdoor activities that we can’t do in the Winter. Among these activities, a common favorite is grilling. But there is a lot of personal responsibility when it comes to grilling. You need to make sure you are taking all the right safety precautions so you and your family can have good food and fun times, without any accidents.
Here are some Grilling safety tips:
- Propane and Charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Before you use your grill:
- Check the major connection points between the gas (propane) tank hose and the regulator and cylinder, and where the hose connects to the burners. Tighten if loose.
- Check the gas (propane) tank hose for potential (gas) leaks.
- Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose using a brush or spray bottle.
- Turn the propane tank on. If there is a gas leak, the propane will release bubbles around the hose (big enough to see)
- If there are no bubbles, your grill is safe to use.
- If there are bubbles, turn off the tank and check connections, then have your grill serviced by a professional before using it again.
- If the leak doesn’t stop, call the fire department immediately.
When the grill is on:
- As you are cooking, if you smell gas, turn off the gas tank and burners
- If the leak stops immediately, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again
- If the smell continues, move away from the grill and call the fire department immediately. Do not move the grill.
- There are several ways to get charcoal ready to use. Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as a fuel.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire once it is burning.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- There are also electric charcoal starters, which do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord rated for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
If something should go wrong, just know that SERVPRO of Casper is here to help anytime. 307-235-6558
Mold Clean Up
SERVPRO of Casper specialize in mold clean up.
There is a common misconception that when a homeowner finds black mold in their home, that they “have the black mold”. They believe that it is mold from the Stachybotrys genus (as made infamous in various news reports), but that’s not always the case. There are over 250,000 different species of mold that have been identified by scientists, and the color of the mold is not a reliable indicator of its species.
Regardless of the specific type of mold that is present, the handling and cleanup procedures remain the same. There are 7 easy steps to safe, successful mold removal:
Step 1 – Call a professional company that has been trained and has Applied Microbial Remediation certification through the IICRC.
Step 2 – Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment – a thorough inspection to determine the extent of mold presence. In some situations, it may be necessary to have testing performed by a Certified Industrial Hygienist. They are the professionals that are qualified to perform scientific mold testing. An Industrial Hygienist will write a remediation protocol after testing. It is essentially a “playbook” with their recommended steps to properly address the mold problem.
Step 3 – Mold Containment – A containment with negative air pressure is set up in the contaminated area. This prevents the mold spores from spreading to other areas in the building.
Step 4 – Air Filtration – HEPA filters are used as part of the negative air pressure system. These filters capture the mold spores out of the air.
Step 5 – Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials – Certain contaminated materials, such as drywall, are bagged and disposed of. Mold is removed from wood framing and other surfaces through a variety of methods, including HEPA vacuuming, sanding, and cleaning.
Step 6- Cleaning Contents and Belongings – Your personal belongings are evaluated, and handled item-by-item. Some items may not be restorable, and will need to be disposed of. Others can be cleaned using antimicrobial products, HEPA vacuuming, or possibly laundering.
Step 7 Restoration – Once the mold has been removed and cleaned up, the property can be put back together. We have multiple contractors in the Casper area that specialize in restorative construction.
If you think you have mold in your home or office, feel free to give SERVPRO of Casper a call at 307-235-6558. We have highly-trained staff that is certified through the IICRC, and ready to help you. We can make the mold problem in your home or commercial building “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Casper 24/7 Emergency Services
SERVPRO of Casper provides 24-hour emergency service. We have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle your water and fire emergencies. SERVPRO of Casper is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Casper, Douglas, and our surrounding towns. We can respond immediately to your emergency, and have the knowledge and resources to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Benefits we provide:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated for Over 30 Years
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
- Over 30 Years of Service to Central Wyoming
If you have any questions, or need assistance, SERVPRO of Casper is here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 307-235-6558
Home Carpet and Upholstery Spotting Kit
SERVPRO Spotting Kits
Professional carpet and upholstery cleaning is important to the life and appearance of your home and furnishings. But what about those little spills and mishaps that occur when you least expect them? SERVPRO of Casper sells a spotting kit to keep your carpets and upholstery looking their best between cleanings. The products in the kit are the four spotting agents that our professional technicians most frequently use. The kit has 3 refillable bottles and an aerosol can. We provide FREE LIFETIME refills on the three bottles, making this kit an excellent value.
Did you know that some commercial spotting products can actually SET a spot, making it difficult or impossible to remove? Some of these products contain a "stain blocker", designed to provide future soil protection after cleanup. But if you are not able to remove the entire spot, the remainder can be permanently sealed into the carpet by the stain blocker. With SERVPRO's spotting kit, this is not a problem. You are using the same products that the professionals use. If you are not able to remove the entire spot yourself, you can rest assured that you have not caused further harm to your carpet. Just give SERVPRO a call, and we can work on the rest of the problem spot.
The key to successful spot removal is time. The longer a spot sits, the more likely it will result in a permanent stain. Having our spotting kit on the shelf in your home lets you address the spot quickly, so you can protect the investment you have made in your carpets and furniture. This kit also saves you money, by allowing you to deal with removing simple spots, instead of calling out the professionals for these smaller problems.
In the kit you will get:
- StainZap - Is used for the effective removal of water-based stains such as coffee, tea, wine, fruit juice, sauces, grass and blood.
- Solvent Spotter - This blend is developed for removal of oil, grease, tar, gum, wax and paint from fabric.
- Urine Odor & Stain Remover - A mixture of safe, enzyme-producing bacteria is used to eliminate odors such as urine, feces, vomit, spilled foods, mildew, perspiration, skunks, grass stains, and other organic waste.
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner (RTU) - A blend of detergents, solvents, and cleaning agents for maximum cleaning of all fabrics. It works well on wool, cotton, nylon, and other synthetics.
- SERVPRO Furnishings Care Book - This care book explains everything you need to know to get rid of the worst stains and keep your carpet looking good. If you need additonal help, we are just a phone call away to answer your questions!
SERVPRO Spotting Slide Rule - An easy-to-use slide rule that gives you step-by-step intructions for a multitude of spot removal situations.
If you need a refill, or want to purchase a kit, feel free to stop by SERVPRO of Casper's office.
IICRC Certified Firm
All water damages are unique in their own way. Many factors can vary, from where it originated to what it has affected. Water seems to have a mind of its own, and its migration patterns through your home or office can be unpredictable. Water loves to follow cracks in the foundation and tack strip. It even likes to hide in paint bubbles. So it's our job as a IICRC Technicians to find where the water is hiding, and figure out what class the loss is.
If you have ever end up having a water damage in your home or business in Casper, Wyoming, or the surrounding towns, SERVPRO of Casper is here for you. SERVPRO of Casper technicians are trained and certified to make sure the job is done right. We have all the latest tools, and technology to locate any water that maybe hidden in your walls or floor. When we arrive at a loss, we go over the extent of the damage, and a step by step process on what we will be doing. We use IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) Classification to determine the significant of the loss.
Here are the different types of IICRC Classifications and what it would mean for you.
Class One: Limited Intrusion
This is the smallest type of water damage you can get. Which is the smallest amount of water in your house. There will be minimal damage to walls, and contents. Depending on the location and the affected materials, just a few air movers and a dehumidifier will be used to dry out your structure.
Class Two: Water Damage with Some Spread
This is when the water has gone and soaked into the walls materials, such as baseboards, drywall, insulation, and concrete. It will have spread through out the room or multiple rooms. The water will have soaked into the floors materials such as carpet, pad, and either wood, or concrete sub-floor. With this kind of loss air movers and dehumidifier will be used to dry out your structure.
Class Three: Large Spread with Heavy Saturation
This is when the all materials such as ceilings, walls, insulation, caret and sub-floors are all saturated. The walls will be we at least 2 feet high. With this kind of loss we would use air movers, a dehumidifier.
This class is for specialty drying. It's for materials that take specialty equipment. Materials such as hardwood floor, brick, stone, and plaster walls. In some cases the drying may take a little bit longer. With this kind of loss we would use air movers, dehumidifier, possibly a floor mat system.
When your home or business has been affected by a water damage. Calling in the professionals at SERVPRO of Casper to respond quickly and assess the loss is an important part of the restoration process. All SERVPRO of Casper crew chiefs are IICRC Certified. Water damages don't care what's going on in your life, or what time of day it is, so we are here for you 24/7, 365 days a year.
Winter Safety Traveling Tips
Safety is everyone's job.
Winter Traveling Tips:
No matter what job if its from cleaning your carpets or need your water damage mitigated, we will travel to you whether you live in Casper or in another town. With traveling from town to town or even staying local there is always risks especially in the winter. So we here at SERVPRO of Casper train, talk, and check in with our employees, to make sure they have everything they need to be safe on their travels. And so when they are traveling in their own vehicles they know what to do in case of an emergency.
Winter Driving Tips:
- Don't drive while you are fatigued
- Never run your vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage
- Be sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure
- Do not use your cruise control
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your car
- Be sure to make sure someone knows where you're going before you leave.
- Be sure your vehicle has a full tank of gas
- Make sure you allow yourself exta time to reach your destination
Stock Your Vehicle:
- Snow shovel, broom, and ice scraper
- Abrasive material such as sand or kitty litter
- Jumper cables, flashlight, and warning devices such as flares, and markers
- Blankets, extra set of clothes and coats
- Cell phone with charger, water, food, and any necessary medicine.
In Case Of An Emergency:
- Stay with you car
- Put bright markers on your antenna or window, keep the interior dome light turned on
- Run your car for short periods of time; just enough to stay warm
You can never be too careful when it comes to traveling in the winter. By following these tips, if an emergency should happen, you will know how to handle it safely.
We here at SERVPRO of Casper want to wish everyone safe travels for the holidays.