Recent Commercial Posts
There are many renters out there that don’t understand renters insurance, or they don’t think that they need it. Here are 5 myths and facts about renter’s insurance. According to State Farm:
- MYTH: The landlord’s insurance covers your possessions. Don’t count on it. Most landlords’ insurance covers only the building and damages due to negligence. Coverage for some of the most common causes of property damage and loss, such as theft, vandalism, and fire, is entirely up to you. Without renter’s insurance, you may have to bear the financial burden of a loss on your own.
- MYTH: Renters insurance is expensive. In this case, the numbers speak for themselves. According to the IIABA, the average renter’s policy costs just $12 a month for up to $30,000 in personal property coverage. That’s solid coverage for less than the cost of a couple cups of coffee a week.
- Still concerned about price? Your insurer will work with you to find the combination of coverage and cost that suits your needs. You might even qualify for a discount by taking some simple home safety precautions or purchasing another policy, such as auto insurance, with the same insurer.
- MYTH: You don’t need insurance if your stuff isn’t expensive. Most renters’ belongings cost more than they think. In fact the average person has over $20,000 worth of belongings that are probably not covered by a landlord’s policy.
- Think that number is too high? Take a moment to add up the approximate cost of your computer, television, stereo, furniture, jewelry, and clothing. If a fire gutted your apartment tomorrow, would you have the cash to replace it all?
- MYTH: Renters insurance covers only your possessions. In fact, renters insurance covers much more than just your personal property. The average policy also includes up to $100,000 in liability coverage. That means in the event of a covered loss, your insurer will help cover the costs if you’re held responsible for injuring another person or damaging another person’s property, including our landlord’s. Moreover, this coverage applies whether the incident occurred within your residence or elsewhere.
- MYTH: Renter’s insurance is hard to get. The internet makes getting renter’s insurance easier than ever. You can research providers, compare quotes, and even find an agent online. Or, just as easily, you can place a quick call to an insurance representative. Answer a few questions and you’re likely to get a rate quote almost immediately.
List of Services that SERVPRO of Casper offers
A Cleaning To Do List!!
Some people may wonder what all SERVPRO of Casper can do for you.
Here is a list of services we provide.
- Water Damage Restoration
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Commercial Restoration
- In-Place ( Top-Down) Drying Services
- Sewage Cleanup
- Bio Hazard Cleanup
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation/Mitigation
- Fire/Smoke Restoration (Contents & Structure)
- Move-Out/Storage Services
- Duct/HVAC System Cleaning
- Vandalism/Crime Scene Cleanup
- Temporary Heating Services
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Document Drying
- Dry-Cleaning of Drapery and Upholstery
- Dumpster/Debris Removal
- Furniture Restoration
- Moving Services
- One Time Clean
- Drapery Cleaning
- Area Rug Cleaning
- Blind Cleaning
- Power Scrubbing
- Strip and Waxing
- Scrub and Recoat
- Ceiling Cleaning
- Hoarder Cleanup
- Pest Cleanup
If you’re in need of any of our services call us day or night. We are available 24/7, 365 day a year for emergencies.
Work Stress relief
According to the American Psychological Association, work-related stress unfortunately doesn’t just go away when you go home. When stress persists, it can take a toll on your health, and personal life.
A stressful work environment can cause headaches, stomachaches, sleep disturbances, short temper and difficulty concentrating. In worse cases, it can cause health problems such as anxiety, insomnia, high blood pressure, and a weak immune system. It can lead to depression, obesity, and heart disease. Some take up smoking, drinking or even use drugs.
These are common sources of work stress:
- Low salaries
- Excessive workloads
- Few opportunities for growth or advancement
- Work that isn’t engaging or challenging
- Lack of social support
- Not having enough control over job-related decision
- Conflicting demands or unclear performance expectations
It is very important to control the stress and take the proper steps before it affects your life.
Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them. Include the people and circumstance involved and the physical setting and how you reacted. Did you raise your voice? Get a snack from the vending machine? Go for a walk? By taking notes you find patterns among your stressors and your reactions to them.
Take time to recharge. We need time to replenish and return to our pre-stress level of functioning. This requires “switching off” from work by having periods of time when you not engaging in work related activities, or thinking about them. When possible, take time off and unwind, so you come back to work feeling reinvigorated and ready to perform your best. When you’re not able to take time off, get a quick boost by turning off your smartphone and focus your attention on non-work activities for a while.
Learn how to relax. Techniques such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, and mindfulness. Start by taking a few minutes each day to focus on a simple activity like breathing, walking, or enjoying a meal. Being able to focus on a simple activity without distraction will get stronger will practice. You will find that you can apply it many different aspects of your life.
Get some support. Accepting help from trusted friends and family members can improve your ability to manage stress. Your employer may also have stress management resources available through them.
If you’re human, you’re going to have stress. But there is a healthy limit and an unhealthy limit. Don’t let it get to where it’s unhealthy!
When it comes to commercial cleaning and restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. We are available 24/7 365 day. SERVPRO of Casper responds quickly to your business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies.
Here are some commercial services we provide:
- Commercial Restoration Services
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm and Major Events
We also offer Commercial Cleaning Services. We have the specialized equipment, various products, and skilled cleaning methods to make your business look its very best.
- Commercial Cleaning Services
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Bio-hazard and Sewage
- Post-Construction Cleanup
- Carpet, upholstery, area rugs, and drapes
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
When the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Casper is here for you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Duct Cleaning
Commercial Duct Cleaning in Casper, WY
Owners or maintenance mangers don’t really think about duct cleaning when it comes to their yearly deep clean of their building. But it is just as important as cleaning floors, baseboards, and windows.
Poor indoor air quality, inefficient air filtration, and duct leaks can all result in dust entering the duct system. This dust can accumulate and start to break off and re-enter in the air. This is why workspaces become dusty faster.
Pest infestations are another reason to have your ducts cleaned. It’s not uncommon for mice, squirrels, bees, and other pests to find their way into the duct system. They leave behind nesting material, hair, and dead insects. Particles of these are then blown out into your workspace.
When you get ready to do your deep cleaning for the year, call in the professionals at SERVPRO of Casper to inspect and clean your ducts.
Commercial Safety Tips
Safety is everyone's responsibility
Whether you own a business or you’re an employee, safety is everyone’s responsibly. It is important to know where the exits are, where the fire extinguishers are, and how to use them. There are a lot of simple safety measures that can save someone from getting hurt, or worse. Here are a few easy steps to help reduce the risk of accidents:
- Don’t allow trash and litter to accumulate unnecessarily
- Keep the office and dock areas neat and clean
- Know where fire alarm pull stations and extinguishers are located
- Make sure you know the different types of fire extinguishers and how to use them. Check extinguishers periodically to see if they are charged and well-marked.
- Store hazardous materials in designated areas
- Keep exits free of obstruction
- Make sure there are good connections and effective grounds in the wiring
- Smoke only where permitted
- Keep equipment clean and use it properly
- Handle flammable liquids with caution
- Know the proper exits and procedures in case of an emergency
- If you store hazardous materials properly, the chances of fire, spills, and accidents are greatly reduced. A leaking drum of lacquer thinner can be a fire hazard unless the right precautions are taken. Make sure you know the loading and storage chart so you don’t load non-compatible materials on the same trailer or in the same area of the terminal.
- Every terminal should have an emergency plan. In case of fire or other emergencies, procedures should outline who is to call the fire department and how the building is to be evacuated.
- When a fire or emergency evacuation does occur, don’t panic. Keep calm and follow instructions
- Following rules is not just the responsibility of the safety supervisor or the terminal manger, its everyone’s responsibility.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that everyone goes home safe and sound at the end of each work shift.
Area Rug Cleaning
Commercial or Residential Area Rug Cleaning
Area Rug Cleaning
Home and business owners typically think about the cleanliness of the carpets in their home or office. But area rugs and commercial walk-off mats are often overlooked. Ironically, the rugs and mats usually get more foot traffic than the carpets, and can develop a build-up of deeply-compacted soil. It is important to get them cleaned regularly, to prolong their life. This is especially true of commercial walk-off mats. They are designed to capture outdoor soils from your footwear, so it is not tracked into the building. Cleaning these mats removes the buildup of soiling, so they can be more efficient in keeping the dirt out of your business.
Soil protectant is a great add-on service after rug and mat cleaning. It will make them more resistant to permanent staining when an accidental spill or spot happens. Soil protectant can also prevent ordinary soils from strongly binding to the rug or mat fibers, making them more responsive to cleaning. It’s a great way to protect your investment!
Whether it’s a sturdy commercial mat, or a delicate oriental rug, the professionals at SERVPRO of Casper have the tools and training to keep them looking their best. Call us at 307-235-6558 for a free evaluation and estimate.