Recent General Posts
Carpet Cleaning in Casper WY
There are many things you can do to help preserve the life of your carpet. Some of these things are common knowledge, while others are lesser-known. Carpet is an expensive investment. The longer you can maintain it, the easier it will be on your wallet. Here are some easy tips to help you maximize the life of your carpets, and other household fabrics.
Frequent Vacuuming – One of the easiest ways to curb the amount of dirt and soil that accumulates on your carpeting is to vacuum it. The IICRC recommends vacuuming your carpets twice a week to keep up with the dry soil accumulation in your carpets. This may seem like a major chore in your Casper home, but it actually can help pick up hidden dirt and hair particles that would otherwise settle into your carpet fibers, and cause abrasive damage.
Household Dusting – Dust accumulates on a daily basis. Dusting daily will help trap dirt that would otherwise land on your flooring surfaces, including your carpeting. You can also combat this issue by making sure that you have a new air filter installed in your furnace. This will help to trap unwanted dust that could make its way to your carpet fibers.
Air Duct Cleaning – Air passes through your home’s HVAC system and into the air ducts. Dust, bacteria and allergens are often trapped in this space and eventually make their way through your home’s air vents and onto the carpeting. Having your air ducts professionally cleaned helps reduce dust and improves air quality.
Spot Cleaning – Anytime there is a mess from food, household products or pets, it is best to address the spot promptly. You can spot-clean with SERVPRO of Casper spotting kits. This allows you to safely target and lift spots. These products are safe to use on carpeting and many other surfaces inside your home.
Professional Deep Cleaning – Having the carpet cleaning pros from SERVPRO of Casper visit your home at least twice a year can help you keep your carpet and flooring looking its best. The powerful steam wand allows the cleaning formula to penetrate the carpet fibers. Deep down dirt, stubborn spots and odors are extracted and removed from your carpet. This not only helps to keep your carpets looking like new, but it also pulls fibers upward – reducing or eliminating dents and marks.
Area Rugs – You can help keep your carpets looking newer longer by investing in area rugs or walk-off mats. Rugs and mats can reduce soiling in areas where heavy traffic occurs. When rugs begin to show soiling or spots, SERVPRO of Casper has methods to safely and effectively clean them, and keep them looking their best.
Create a Clean-Up Station – Setting up an area where everyone removes dirty shoes and clothing before they enter the home or carpet area can help cut down on soiling. It will help reduce the amount of vacuuming and dusting you’ll have to do over time. Be sure to keep this area tidy on a regular basis.
Upholstery Deep Clean – Having your sofa, curtains and other upholstery cleaned professionally at least twice a year can help cut down on dirt. SERVPRO of Casper technicians have the knowledge and products to clean delicate upholstery, and leave them smelling fresh and odor-free.
Garbage Disposal Deodorization Tips
Have you ever stood in your kitchen and noticed a faint but terrible odor? You’ve taken out the trash, you’ve thrown out bad food in the fridge, and you can’t figure out where this mystery odor is coming from. There is a good chance that this odor is originating from your garbage disposal.
When you put food waste down the garbage disposal, food gets thrown on to the sides of the garbage disposal and on the underside of the rubber splash guard. Over time, bacteria can grow in this material, and the food residue starts to rot.
Here are some effective remedies that you can use to get rid of this odor.
- Take 2 cups of ice and 1 cup of salt and put it in the garbage disposal. Then run cold water, and turn on the garbage disposal for 5-10 seconds at a time until the ice has been crushed. If you want to add a boost, you can use frozen vinegar cubes.
USE BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR
- You can also use baking soda and vinegar to clean the disposal. Let the vinegar and baking soda foam for a few minutes, and then rinse it down the drain with running water. This will clean a lot of the “sludge” off of the interior sides of the disposal.
USE LEMON PEEL
- Take extremely small slices of lemon rind and grind them up to freshen the smell.
CLEAN THE UNDERSIDE OF THE SPLASH GUARD
- Don’t forget that the undersides of your splash guard need to be cleaned as well. You can lift up the undersides of the guard and clean it with an old toothbrush.
Carpet Cleaning Maintenance
When most people hear the name “SERVPRO”, they think of our fire and water cleaning and restoration services. But did you know that we have been cleaning carpets and upholstery in the Casper area for over 30 years? These services are just as important to the upkeep of a home, and don’t require an emergency to give us a call!
There are many benefits to maintaining carpets:
- Increases the life span of your carpet.
- It is typically necessary to keep your carpet warranty valid.
- Enhances the appearance of any room.
- Removes dust mites that may have found a home.
- Removes spots and stains.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
Properly cleaning your carpets regularly is good for your health:
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants. By cleaning the carpet, you are removing the pollutants, protecting the carpet and the indoor air quality.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Soiling of carpets can build up several unhealthy contaminants.
- Improves worker morale in commercial settings. Workers feel better about their work environment when their area is clean.
At SERVPRO of Casper, we can handle light to heavy soiled conditions on your carpet. It is recommended that residential cleaning gets done at least once every 12 months, or possibly more depending on the traffic. Commercial buildings should have their carpets cleaned every six to twelve months, also depending on the traffic. Carpets should be cleaned before they become too heavily soiled. If you wait too long, the carpets may not restore to an acceptable condition. After your carpet cleaning is done, we recommend soil protectant be applied. Soil protectant keeps soils from tightly binding to carpet fibers, so the next cleaning is more effective. It also makes the carpet more resistant to staining, so spills can be easily cleaned up. Our spotting kits also help with these spills. They contain four different products that can handle unexpected spots and spills between your regular carpet cleanings.
With our decades of experience in carpet cleaning, we can help keep your home or business looking its very best. We have all the up-to-date equipment and cleaning products to take care of your carpet cleaning needs. Whether you need just a few rooms cleaned, or an entire house or office, the professionials at SERVPRO of Casper have you covered. Call us for a free estimate at 307-235-6558.
Fire Safety for Kids
You can never be to careful when it comes to fire safety.
When it comes to potential emergencies, the first thought many people have is “It will never happen to me”. But the reality is that we never really know if an incident will happen to us, or how severe it will be. Whether it’s a medical emergency, a water damage, or even a fire, you should always be prepared for anything, and practice active prevention. You don’t want to wait until after something happens, wishing that you could have done things differently. Every year, fires are caused by children playing with matches or lighters. Some of these fires happen in grassy fields, while others happen inside homes. All of these fires are preventable. We will share some information on escape plans, and some fire safety tips.
When creating an escape plan in your home, you should go over it with your children so they know how to get out the house. Kids typically don’t think about how they would escape from their home in a fire, so this is an important discussion to have with them.
- Have a plan in place for children that cannot get out on their own, such as infants and toddlers. Talk about which family member is going to wake up the children and help them get out.
- Always identify two different ways out of every room. You should know multiple ways to exit in every room in case one exit is blocked, or it is too dangerous to use.
- Choose a destination outside the house to meet, a safe distance away. This could be across the street, or at a neighbors’ home.
In addition to fire prevention with children, there is the concern of burn prevention. In many instances of fires started by children, serious burn injuries can occur. Here are some tips to help keep your kids safe from fire and burns.
- Children should be at least 3 feet away from anything hot. Stoves, space heaters, and curling irons are all good examples where additional caution is necessary.
- Keep any kind of smoking materials away and placed up high, such as lighters and matches.
- Never play with matches or lighters when your children are around. If they see adults doing this, they will think that it is okay, and possibly even fun.
Accidents can happen at any time. But with some mindful planning, many of these can be completely avoided. If something should still happen, just know that SERVPRO of Casper is here to help anytime. Call us, day or night, at 307-235-6558.
Drapes and Blind Cleaning
Cleaning Drapes and Blinds are important too.
Drapery and Blind Cleaning
Most people are familiar with our fire and water cleanup services. Some are also aware that we provide additional services such as mold cleanup, upholstery cleaning, and carpet cleaning. But did you know that we clean window blinds and drapery? Sometimes, when Spring cleaning is being done, the window coverings in a home get overlooked. It’s actually pretty important to make sure those items do get cleaned every 2 years. Customers will ask “When should my drapes be cleaned?”
- It is best if drapes are cleaned every 2 years.
- Depending on the heating system, smokers in the home, and other factors, drapes may not show soil for two to six years. They should be cleaned before they are visibly soiled.
- Oily atmospheric soil will gradually cause the fabric to deteriorate.
- You could triple the life of your life draperies through professional cleaning, which is inexpensive compared to replacement costs.
When you are searching for a company, be very selective on your choice of professional dry cleaners. Make sure your drapes are dry cleaned ONLY! Some drycleaners have machines that are designed for clothes, while others have equipment are designed for drapes only. The best thing about hiring a company like SERVRPRO of Casper is that we can dry clean your drapes on-site while they are hanging up. You don’t have to take your drapes down to send them to the cleaners. And your home won’t feel like a “fishbowl” without any coverings on the windows!
In order to clean blinds, we take them down, bring them back to our shop and process them through our ultrasonic machine. Ultrasonic cleaning is a process that uses a tank of water, high-frequency sound waves, and specialized detergents. The sound waves agitate every hard-to-reach surface on the blinds to loosen soils, and the detergent suspends the soils off of the blinds. Cleaning can take anywhere from three to six minutes, depending on the level of soiling. Once the blinds are cleaned, we return them to the house and hang them back up.
Drapes and blinds collect a lot of nasty stuff over time. It is better to get them regularly serviced than let them collect too much soil. If they become excessively dirty, it becomes harder for the technicians to clean and it may not be possible to fully restore them.
We always offer free estimates. Call your local franchise, SERVPRO of Casper, today! 307-235-6558
Hot Weather Safety Tips
You never want to assume when it comes to pet safety.
Pet Hot Weather Safety Tips
Pet owners are spending more time outside with their pets in the summer. But the hot weather can be very dangerous for your furry friend. To prevent your pet from overheating, here are some simple precautions.
- Pets can get dehydrated quickly; make sure they have plenty of fresh, clean water whether it’s hot or humid outside. Make sure there are shady areas for your pets so they can get out of the sun. Don’t over-exercise them, and keep them inside when it’s extremely hot.
- Make sure you know the symptoms of overheating in your pet:
Increased heart and respiratory rate
Stupor or collapse
Elevated body temperature of over 104 degrees
Animals with flat faces, like Pugs and Persian cats, are at a higher risk of having a heat stroke. It’s because they can’t pant as effectively. Pets that have flat faces, elderly, overweight, or has heart or lung disease, should be kept in areas that are air-conditioned as much as possible.
NEVER leave your pets alone in a parked vehicle during the summer.
When temperatures are high don’t let your dog linger on hot asphalt. The heat from the asphalt can increase the body temperature; it could also burn the pads on the paws. It’s best to keep walks at a minimum during these times.
Fire and Grilling Safety
Grilling can be a lot of fun if done safely.
Fire and Grilling Safety Tips
Summer is here! We get the opportunity to do a lot of fun outdoor activities that we can’t do in the Winter. Among these activities, a common favorite is grilling. But there is a lot of personal responsibility when it comes to grilling. You need to make sure you are taking all the right safety precautions so you and your family can have good food and fun times, without any accidents.
Here are some Grilling safety tips:
- Propane and Charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Before you use your grill:
- Check the major connection points between the gas (propane) tank hose and the regulator and cylinder, and where the hose connects to the burners. Tighten if loose.
- Check the gas (propane) tank hose for potential (gas) leaks.
- Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose using a brush or spray bottle.
- Turn the propane tank on. If there is a gas leak, the propane will release bubbles around the hose (big enough to see)
- If there are no bubbles, your grill is safe to use.
- If there are bubbles, turn off the tank and check connections, then have your grill serviced by a professional before using it again.
- If the leak doesn’t stop, call the fire department immediately.
When the grill is on:
- As you are cooking, if you smell gas, turn off the gas tank and burners
- If the leak stops immediately, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again
- If the smell continues, move away from the grill and call the fire department immediately. Do not move the grill.
- There are several ways to get charcoal ready to use. Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as a fuel.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire once it is burning.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- There are also electric charcoal starters, which do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord rated for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
If something should go wrong, just know that SERVPRO of Casper is here to help anytime. 307-235-6558
SERVPRO of Casper 24/7 Emergency Services
SERVPRO of Casper provides 24-hour emergency service. We have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle your water and fire emergencies. SERVPRO of Casper is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Casper, Douglas, and our surrounding towns. We can respond immediately to your emergency, and have the knowledge and resources to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Benefits we provide:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated for Over 30 Years
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
- Over 30 Years of Service to Central Wyoming
If you have any questions, or need assistance, SERVPRO of Casper is here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 307-235-6558
Home Carpet and Upholstery Spotting Kit
SERVPRO Spotting Kits
Professional carpet and upholstery cleaning is important to the life and appearance of your home and furnishings. But what about those little spills and mishaps that occur when you least expect them? SERVPRO of Casper sells a spotting kit to keep your carpets and upholstery looking their best between cleanings. The products in the kit are the four spotting agents that our professional technicians most frequently use. The kit has 3 refillable bottles and an aerosol can. We provide FREE LIFETIME refills on the three bottles, making this kit an excellent value.
Did you know that some commercial spotting products can actually SET a spot, making it difficult or impossible to remove? Some of these products contain a "stain blocker", designed to provide future soil protection after cleanup. But if you are not able to remove the entire spot, the remainder can be permanently sealed into the carpet by the stain blocker. With SERVPRO's spotting kit, this is not a problem. You are using the same products that the professionals use. If you are not able to remove the entire spot yourself, you can rest assured that you have not caused further harm to your carpet. Just give SERVPRO a call, and we can work on the rest of the problem spot.
The key to successful spot removal is time. The longer a spot sits, the more likely it will result in a permanent stain. Having our spotting kit on the shelf in your home lets you address the spot quickly, so you can protect the investment you have made in your carpets and furniture. This kit also saves you money, by allowing you to deal with removing simple spots, instead of calling out the professionals for these smaller problems.
In the kit you will get:
- StainZap - Is used for the effective removal of water-based stains such as coffee, tea, wine, fruit juice, sauces, grass and blood.
- Solvent Spotter - This blend is developed for removal of oil, grease, tar, gum, wax and paint from fabric.
- Urine Odor & Stain Remover - A mixture of safe, enzyme-producing bacteria is used to eliminate odors such as urine, feces, vomit, spilled foods, mildew, perspiration, skunks, grass stains, and other organic waste.
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner (RTU) - A blend of detergents, solvents, and cleaning agents for maximum cleaning of all fabrics. It works well on wool, cotton, nylon, and other synthetics.
- SERVPRO Furnishings Care Book - This care book explains everything you need to know to get rid of the worst stains and keep your carpet looking good. If you need additonal help, we are just a phone call away to answer your questions!
SERVPRO Spotting Slide Rule - An easy-to-use slide rule that gives you step-by-step intructions for a multitude of spot removal situations.
If you need a refill, or want to purchase a kit, feel free to stop by SERVPRO of Casper's office.
Carpet Cleaning in Casper, WY
Carpet cleaning in progress, in a home in Casper, Wyoming.
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet. We provide our carpet cleaning services throughout Natrona and Converse County, to include Casper, Glenrock, and Douglas.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – 307-235-6558
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
SERVPRO® of Casper – We help to make it "Like it never even happened.®"
We have been cleaning carpets and upholstery in the Casper area since 1985. With that much experience, you can trust that your carpets and fine upholstered furniture are in the best of hands.
If you live in Casper, Douglas, Glenrock, or any of the other communities in the Natrona and Converse County areas, and you are considering carpet cleaning, give us a call! Our estimates are always free, with no obligations or unwanted surprises.
Casper Experts in Carpet Cleaning, Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, Water and Fire Cleanup and Restoration.
Why Choose SERVPRO?
The team at SERVPRO of Casper. Ready when you need us.
Why Choose Us?Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Casper provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time for your flooded basement, day or night. Rapid response to Casper, Glenrock, Douglas – Anywhere in Natrona and Converse counties! And in some cases, we can travel to farther areas in Wyoming.Highly Trained Technicians
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Advanced Technology
The past few decades has seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow SERVPRO of Casper Professionals to restore a property back to pre-loss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
Call Us 24/7 – 307-235-6558 SERVPRO® of Casper